mame.net

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Stage 5: The Proverbial Greco Sweet Deal

Having been sufficiently wooed by the Classic Playfields website, I contacted them via email and explained my plight, including the details of my failed trip to Darrell's Coin Machines.

I received a response from Kevin Wayte pretty quickly. He told me in no short order about how I was lucky to have missed Darrell as he was apparently an asshole of some repute in HRM video gaming circles, and explained how he had screwed them around with the sale of some pinball machines when his shop went belly up some time ago.

Kevin then said the magic words: "I have a couple of old cabs if you want one, $50. Just come on out and take it." Booyaka.

I immediately jumped at his offer, and tried to sweeten the deal with a celebratory case of beer for his generosity and helpfulness. Kevin took me up for a case of Smirnoff Ice instead, and then revealed that could I avail myself of BOTH arcade cabinets if I had the means to collect them. For the bargain price of $50, this was the proverbial Greco Sweet Deal. All I needed now was a way to get these beasts from Cole Harbour to Allan Street. Back to the Yellow Pages I went.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! You put your address online.

Now I shall totally steal your identity!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Neil said...

Anyone who wants to steal my identity - complete with all its inherent legal obligations and financial burdens - is welcome to it. Email me and I will forward you my Social Insurance Number, my mother's maiden name and a sample of my DNA.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home