mame.net

Friday, September 08, 2006

* Something Is Worth 1,000 Words *

I figured now would be a good time to show off some pix of my masterpiece in its current infantile state.





A front-on shot of the beast. You can see how snugly that TV fit inside, as well as what a nice fit the X-Arcade controls were.








Another shot, slightly from the side. I am still debating what do with with the sides of the cab and the marquee in terms of art and finish. There's some wicked carved in initials and stuff on the left side of the cabinet, but I may be leaning towards sanding and refinishing the whole thing.





Another frontal shot, this time showing Street Fighter II running on the screen. I should have taken more shots of actual gameplay, but trust me when I saw that most of the games I have on there right now are running very well indeed.




A close-up from the control sticks. You can see where the TV kind of just out a little from the chassis because it's deeper than the old arcade monitor was. I'll have to figure out a way to properly fashion a riser bezel to cover up that gap.

The aforementioned front-input dilemma. This is a rough set-up pictured, but I will have to find a way to conceal this input better, as I don't want a cord sticking out of the front of my machine once I get the glass/plexiglass cover on the bezel. Will this involve me sawing into the television and doing some rewiring? God I hope not.

A shot of the absurd homemade TETRIS marquee that came with the cabinet when I bought it. The light behind this does work, I just have to rewire it to function properly. I'm still debating what will go here, but there's no shortage of nice MAME marquee artwork out there, so it will be fun picking out a colour scheme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home